3 Benefits of Sacrifice

Sometimes God asks us to make sacrifices. These 3 benefits make it all worthwhile!


I wrote about missing my grandchildren (here), and a reader asked why I don't live closer to them. 

We used to live ten minutes away. 

Then in 2015, we felt the Lord directing us to move to another state so my husband could volunteer with a ministry during his retirement years.

Sometimes God's loving plans involve sacrifice.

Throughout history missionaries have given their lives for the Gospel (Danger, Death, Devotion, Saint's Life). In some countries, Christians suffer for their faith daily (Worth the Risk).

Our sacrifice is small comparatively.

But God's children have these rewards:
1. Purposeful, specific work prepared by God for us (Ephesians 2:10).
2. Peace in trouble (John 16:33).
3. Future rewards (1 Corinthians 3:11-15).

“Everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.” Matthew 19:29

https://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Life-Devotional-One-Minute-Reflections/dp/1087775760

I encourage you to check out the Wisdom for Life Devotional. It contains 100 one-minute devotions to challenge, encourage, instruct, and inspire your love for God's Word: Wisdom for Life. Read the story behind Wisdom for Life HERE. And find out about the two free Bible studies with purchase HERE. You can read the first 4 devotions in the book by clicking "look inside" "read sample" on Lifeway or Amazon.
 
I also encourage you to sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.

Sometimes God asks us to make sacrifices. These 3 benefits make it all worthwhile!



Sometimes God asks us to make sacrifices. These 3 benefits make it all worthwhile!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! Blessings to you for this huge sacrifice! Based on your writings, I’m sure the joy of the LORD strengthens you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a lady who lives near me and works at the church but her children and grandchildren live in another state up northeast. She has sacrifice her life to serve the church. I had to leave my family 4 hours away to serve God. Even though it is four hours we don't always get time to drive back and forth. It is tough sometimes but when I get to see my family it is all worth it then I miss my church family lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very wonderful insight, may the Good Lord bless you for the message.

    ReplyDelete